Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One Grateful Husband


Saturday's mean football games and yard work.  They are days to get caught up on all that has been delayed and needs to be done.  It is a day to relax and enjoy stress free time.  This was what I thought Saturday's were for until my dear wife taught me otherwise.  Saturday's are days to be found in the Lord's house.  With the recent fall and surgery of Grandpa Gus and no doubt much on her mind she woke up early and did a session in the Salt Lake Temple with her dad.  Having been home alone all week and anticipating her return I anxiously called her hoping for a quick arrival only to get her mom on the other line telling me of their early morning trip to the temple (Saturday October 10).  

How grateful I am that I have a wife that loves the temple and goes there often.  How thankful I am that she goes there when the turmoil of life is pressing down on her.  How appreciative I am of a loving wife who sacrifices the Saturday pleasures to be serving in the Lord's house.  

As for her experience in the temple, I am going to leave that to her for the telling but in my case her actions have spoken louder than words.  Her actions echoed the words, "I love to see the Temple".  

No comments:

Post a Comment